Thursday, April 14, 2011

City Crafter Challenge #52:PPA 89

I recently found a wonderful challenge blog called City Crafter Challenge. They have some amazing projects and inspirtation. They are celebrating their first birthday this week. This challenge is to make a birthday card by casing elements from Sylvia Nelson's card. Her card was shaped like a 3 tiered cake and had several little paper flowers and some bling. Well you know me and paper flowers....I just had to join in.

I am also entering this card in Pals Paper Art Challenge #89 and Flutter By Wednesday Challenge #150.


The card below is Sylvia's.


The cake tiers made me think of a step card. The paper I chose had pink roses on it so of coarse I had to make lots of little paper roses.



I used Penny Duncan's rose file again. I cut each flower a little smaller and did not use all of the pieces for the rose buds. I added the leaves and calyx (that little green thing around the rose bud in the picture above) Then I used my simple daisy shape flower and cut 2 at around a half inch for each of the little pearl centered flowers.

Are you ready for the BEST part???
All of the paper on this card except the rose patterned paper started off as white card stock!
No kidding! I inked all of it with TH Distress inks!
(Spun Sugar, Crushed Velvet, Bundled Sage, and Forest Moss)
It took a long time but I really love the effect.

Well, I have given most of these cut files out before, but here are the SVGs again. (except for Penny's rose file which you can get here...THANKS PENNY!!!)
I am also including the branch with leaves that I have used of several of my recent projects. (It is still not perfect but it works.)

If you need a different type of file you can look through my "files" list or email me at papercompulsions@gmail.com




(this file only makes sense when you put it on a step card)

click here to link to the step card instructions

Happy crafting and please leave a comment :)

Happy Birthday City Crafters Challenge Blog.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [15 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Ros said...

Wow!! This nearly made me fall of my chair ... what a fabulous card ... and you made those roses??!! Stunning ... thank you so very much for celebrating with us at CCCB ... really appreciate it

Anonymous said...

Oh you talk about GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!!!! This card is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!! What a precious gift the recipient of this piece of ART will receive!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Unknown said...

Utterly amazing, so in loooove with this, new follower for you, my friend!

Trisha said...

Really gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing the how-to and the files!

Lisa R. said...

Love your awesome card. Thanks for sharing.

jacirascrap said...

Que maravilhoso! Adorei a forma como fez as rosas!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH my, I am speechless, this is just FABULOUS!!!!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at CCCB! and I so love your handmade flowers!

Danni said...

This is stunning!! Wow!! Simply gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Apr. 16, 2011. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

WOW... Your card is amazing.. Sooooo Beautiful.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Sylvia said...

Jani, This is gorgeous! Good luck!

Sylvia said...

Congratulations on your win, Jani! I am so glad your beautiful card won!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your CCC win! Stunning!!

Adeline Ng said...

Hey Jani, this is such a lovely card, I love it to bits. I might attempt to make a step card soon. Thanks for the inspiration and I love your flowers, they are really awesome!

Myrna Marcano said...

So sweet card!

shrtnsassy said...

What a beautiful card!

Rene said...

Oh wow, this is so fabulous! I'm newly inspired to use my daisy punches! I love what you did!

Aussie Carolyn said...

Stunning cards. Thank you for sharing. I really do appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card Jani .. Fabulous Work .. You Have a New Fan For Sure .. :-)

DianeLoy said...

Oh how stunningly beautiful. Now if I can just round up all the pieces, instructions, etc and figure out what stamps you used. Oh I simply must make my best effort to CASE this awesome creation. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
loyaz1 at wbhsi dot net