Saturday, April 30, 2011

from eggs to ribbon

I no longer have little kids. While most kids and their moms were dying Easter eggs, I was dying ribbon.
Oh what fun!

I just tried small strips of ribbon at first, but trust me, you will want to make LOTS of this.
I started out with a neutral colored seam binding from Zipper Stop.
I got 100 yards for 11 dollars and change. (that was with tax and shipping)

 I used Glimmer Mists on some of them. Then I dipped some in rubbing alcohol with several drops of alcohol ink . They turned out so cool. This is what people are using for the vintage crinkle ribbon.
Lisa from What A Beautiful Mess did a tutorial on it you can find here.

Look at some of the colors . (although my lighting washes the color out some)


 I used more ink for the depper colors.
Since I still had my stamps out from working with the decorative tape...

(picture was blurry :(

Here is a scrapbook LO I used it on:

I can't wait to use it on more stuff!


1 comment:

Sandi Smith said...

Love what you did with the seam binding...definitely have to get some of this. Thanks so much for your kind comments and becoming a follower. To say that my style .resembles Lisa Gregory's is quite the compliment,

Have a great weekend!
Sandi