Saturday, July 2, 2011

Seagulls

Here at the end of the week I thought it would be fun to combine one of my beach files, a great file from a blogland friend, and the Stampin Sisters In Christ red, white, & blue thank you card challenge. All of this in one cool project...that just has to be shared ;)
(I may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but combing projects may just be something I can pull off...LOL)

Here is what I came up with.


The wonderfully kind Cheryl from Cheryl Ann First Expressions (CAFE) made this terrific light house svg. I have followed her blog for a while now and love to see what she creates. She usually shares her cool cut files too.
Drop by her blog CAFExpressions to download her lighthouse file and show her some blog love :)

I used an old Fiskers "brick" embossing plate on the lighthouse then inked it with THDI Pumice Stone.
(I just love all the little details in Cheryl's lighthouse.)
The seagull file I made last week goes so well with it too.
For the background, I started out with white cardstock. I cut some cloud die cuts that I made to use as masks and positioned them to the cardstock with prepositional tape. I then inked the whole sheet with THDI Stormy Sky and removed the masks.
On the bottom, I stamped several border stamps, inked over them, and cut them out to form the ground and waves.
I rather like it :)
Here is a link to download my seagull svg as well as the clouds and thank you caption.
I think the images are too small to cut from a pdf, but if you want it anyway, just let me know.


The scripture focus for this SSIC challenge is:
Scripture: Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
This is the last day for the Stampin Sisters In Christ red, white, and blue thank you card challenge, but be sure and stop by their blog tomorrow to see the next challenge and play along.

 

6 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Jani - your combinations are perfect! I love the lighthouse and the texture you have given it - perfect - you have to LOVE those Fiskar plates - I have some and need to get them out more - thanks for the inspiration! I love all of your details - this is a fabulous take on this weeks challenge! Love it! Thank you for joining us for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we appreciate your support and love to see your wonderful projects! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jani this is so beautiful. I love the texture and layers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Cheryl First said...

Awesome! Awesome! I love it! :0) Thanks for the link, Jani!!

Bunnyfreak said...

Thanks for the SVG files. I love your card.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [03 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Alice said...

Your seagulls are perfect... sooo cute! Thanks for sharing your file.