Friday, August 19, 2011

Butterfly cards

I have seen several butterfly easel cards online. Most of them make the card from a manual die cut machine. Being the digital die cut machine gal that I am, I just had to make an svg and try it.
(Actually, I made several...LOL)

For this one, I made separate wing pieces that could be embossed, inked and shaped.
 This one has some simple cutouts from the patterned paper.


This one is similar.



Then I played around with different overlays.
(OK...I admit I got a little carried away ;0 )





These Butterfly Easel Card files are available to purchase at my Etsy Store.

I also made some butterfly cut and fold cards.
the wings are cut out and simply folded up.
(there are no separate pieces)


This one is clean and simple. Nothing was added.


This one was inked. I put a piece of paper under the wings to ink them and not get the ink on the background. Then I inked the background separately.


And this last one was cut from white card stock and then cut from patterned paper.I inked the butterflies on the white card stock.  I clipped the butterfly wings out of the patterned paper piece and placed it over the card stock.

Since I had some extra butterflies that I clipped from the patterned paper, I added one to the back of the card.

Thanks for sticking with me through this really long post.
Hope you had as much fun as I did.

Here is a link to the Butterfly cut and fold cards.

7 comments:

Gail said...

Those are beautiful! I'm thinking maybe some acetate film and glitter between your overlays to make it look like stained glass! Glitter's ALWAYS good LOL

Unknown said...

Oh! Great idea! I am going to have to try that. Thanks Gail :)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [20 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jani all look so beautiful . They are sure to be a hit at your shop!
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

wow... love the butterfly easel cards! all of them are just gorgeous!!

3s said...

wow! Love butterflies, and LOVE your clever cards. Especially the yellow patterned one, since I'm kinda fond of that color, and because of the cute bead-bodies. :)

My Need 2 Craft said...

Beautiful butterflies. :)