Thursday, December 15, 2011

Secret SantaGifts

I have been so busy making crafts that I have not had time to post any of them yet. Here are a few things I sent my Secret Santa from The Crafter's Cafe group.


She like fairies and I just happened to have some Graphic 45 paper from Once Upon A Springtime. I made a perfect gift box for some of my handmade paper flowers.




It is hard to tell in the picture, but I put paper lacquer on the fairies to make them stand out a little. It is really cool in person. I also added lots of little pearls. (Once I got started it was hard to stop LOL) I cut the flowers above from white cardstock and inked them with Tumbled Glass and     
Tattered Rose Distress Inks.


Of course, I just had to make a few Christmas flowers so I made s cut file for a poinsettia.





The Poinsettias were cut from white card stock. I inked the petals with Festive Berries and Fired Brick. The leaves were inked with Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles, and Forest Moss. (It takes a while but it is soo worth it) The inside stamen were inked with Wild Honey and Pine Needles. (I am so loving my distress inks!)

Good news! My hubby let me open my present early so I will be working on a video tutorial for the poinsettias!
Wooo Hooo!

4 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow Jani the poinsettias are awesome-- eagerly awaiting your tutorial!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

marg0006 said...

I just love and adore fairies. Where can I get this paper. It is so beautiful.
marg0006@verizon.net

marg0006 said...

I received your page on my email with a calender you made. Can you please show how you did it. I would love to do something sismilar for gifts. Thanks.
marg0006@verizon.net

Gail said...

What a lucky lucky recipient! Love those poinsettias. Wowzers! They look so good on your blog header :)