Sunday, February 19, 2012

Card Pattern Sketch # 153

When I saw this week's sketch at Card Patterns Challenge BlogI immediately thought of the butterfly card I made last week. I still had the scraps nearby but I chose to use a handy little butterfly paper punch this time.
I mounted each butterfly with a 3/4 inch square of pink cardstock. The edges of the card were inked with Antique Linen. The crinkle ribbon was dyed using TH Distress Stain; Tattered Rose.
I used a simple running stitch to gather the ribbon and taped it onto the card with my ATG.  The scalloped border was from my stash. My Sew Easy straight stitch made the holes and pink embroidery thread added the perfect little touch. 

I even added a cute little butterfly charm that I got in a recent swap.


I am entering this card in the Card Patterns Sketch #153.
Here is the sketch...

Yep, I know I took a literal approach on the sketch, but I like it.

Leave a comment if you would like to see a tutorial on the ruffled crinkled ribbon.

3 comments:

craftysals creative corner said...

lovely card as always jani, yes please I would love to know how you get those ruffles on your ribbons, thank you for sharing your inspiration with us

Carole said...

A very delightful version of the card pattern.http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com

Christina said...

Lovely take on the sketch! You can't have too many butterflies, in my opinion, and they look so sweet all lined up in the grid. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!