Sunday, May 27, 2012

Graduation Cap and Gown Card

Well this post may be too late for some of you. I am just getting around to posting the cards I made for my friends and relatives who are graduating this year. 


I made center step cards with little graduation caps and gowns. I think they turned out really cute.


Red and black for a more formal card

Blue and gold for school colors

And Zebra stripes with pink accents and bling. (Had to make it girly :)


The cut files for the center step card with the graduation cap & gown will be available in my Etsy store.


Here are a few videos I made to show the different parts...


Center Step Card Tutorial (6 minutes)
You can see written instructions and diagrams on this post. Center Step Card
(You will have to scroll down to the "center step card" section of that post.)


How to make a tassel
(You just never know when you might need one of these...LOL)


How to assemble the graduation cap and gown in 2 videos about 9 minutes each


Video 1


Video 2


Enjoy and have a wonderful Memorial Day!

10 comments:

craftysals creative corner said...

what a brilliant idea jani, love them

Lisa said...

Wow, Jani, these are just absolutely gorgeous!! So creative and fabulous :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

These are AWESOME Jani!! I love it-TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Gail said...

these are so great! Your tutorials are very good too :) Hope all is well! xoxo

Davi said...

Wowzer these are fantastic Jan!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Jani :-)

thanks for entering the Soimon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Liz Williams said...

Hey, Jani, we might be neighbors since I live in Sugar Land. I love your tutorials, and that graduation card is awesome. Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

Scrappin' Sista said...

Thank you so much for posting this tutorial. You did a great job. Hugs!

Christel
Scrappin’ Sista Designs

Jodi Zollinger said...

I love your craft!! I would love to make my own but when I click on "Center Step Card" to see the written instructions, they aren't there. Is there another way I can get a copy of the written instructions or a copy of the patterns by chance?

Unknown said...

Thanks Jodi, I am glad you like it. These links are old and may be broken. If you will email me at (no spaces) paper compulsions at gmail dot com, I will send you the files.