Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Peach Roses on Graphic 45 Paper

I was playing around with more of my Open Roses and remembered I had some Graphic 45 Le Romantique paper that would be perfect for peach colored roses.


Oddly enough I did not have a Distress Ink that matched the coral shade in the Graphic 45 paper. I ended up using Victorian Velvet and Rusty Hinge. It is a very interesting combination.

I also used my Diamond Edged Decoration border and square mat along with some K and Co paper for the bottom of the card. The square mat is raised slightly with foam.

Of course, with all the flowers on the front, the card does get quite bulky.


But then, I forget all about that when I look at those roses...


...they are so pretty that nothing else matters, LOL

I have a ton of other projects planned. I just have to work around Life. :)


9 comments:

Mihaela said...

Roses looks fantastic and colors are great together!!!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love those roses! Such beautiful vintage colours :)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Jani - wow! and wow again! what great colours, and these are just drop dead gorgeous flowers! I think they are the some of the best I have ever seen, i keep saying I am going to learn how to do these one day - want to thank you SO much for popping over and encouraging the DT blog - I am no longer on it but really appreciate your support, and will say so on tomorrow's final post for them. Have a great day and thanks for sharing, Shaz in oz.x

Artes de NĂ¡gela said...

Gorgeous work!!!
Love it so much!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

This is an amazing card - simply gorgeous with your hand crafted roses!! I never really thought about it, but there is no coral color distress ink. The great thing about distress ink is that they layer so beautifully to get the color I'm looking for. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Wow, Jani, this is gorgeous!! Your roses are simply stunning!! Love the pretty papers and the design!! What a fabulous card :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Neva said...

A truly beautiful card & the roses are just gorgeous!!! Thank you for figuring this out & you fantastic templates & videos!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Jani! I've been absent away but I didn't forget you... lol! Dropping in to say hello.

Your card is just gorgeous, my friend!!! Those roses are absolutely beautiful. What a fantastic job you did!

Hugs!

Davi said...

This is gorgeous Jani ~~ I love the colors and the cool border you created to go with the awesome flowers!! I REALLy love this :)