Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Feel The Love - Olivia

I am sure most of you have seen Madison's blog called Funky Cards. She has a project every month called I Feel The Love (IFTL) and has even started a separate blog for I Feel the Love. She selects a child or group of children that need some extra love and encouragement to deal with the difficult illness, disability, or situation that life has dealt them. 

I have been thrilled to participate for the last couple of projects but I waited until the end of the month and had to rush to get my projects to her on time. I did not get pictures or post about them.

This month, Madison has shared the story of a precious 9 year old girl named Olivia. She lost  her mom to cancer last year and has started a group called Kids Involved in Caner Research to raise awareness and funds for colon and lung cancer,

I made a card to send to Olivia to encourage her and tell her how awesome she is.




I used some Echo Park Hello Summer paper and added some of my "pretty flowers" and a glittery letter "O".  Since the butterflies on the paper were so cheerful, I decided to add another one that was beaded. 

If you would like to make a card for Olivia, you can check out one of Madison's blogs,
Funky Cards or I Feel The Love

9 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Jani!! The design is so whimsical and fun!! Olivia will love it :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so darn cute great card.

Davi said...

Awesome card Lisa with all the pretty elements! It is sure to be a wonderful encouragement to Madison!!

Audrey Frelx said...

How very special of your friend to have a blog dedicated to these children.

Your card is so dainty and pretty you made for Olivia, and I know she'll love recieving it, Jani!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jani love the beaded butterfly did you make it?

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such an amazing, encouraging card!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Karen H said...

Hi Jani! I'm the one who shared Olivia's story with our dear Madison and I wanted to come thank you for participating! Olivia is going to love this beautiful card. The colors are so cheerful and all of the butterflies are gorgeous. The beaded one is stunning! So whimsical and happy. :o) The glittery O with the heart rhinestone is such a beautiful touch. Thank you so much for blessing Olivia with this card! She will be so encouraged. :o)

Hugs and blessings! http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Madison said...

Jani, this card is adorable. I love the colors and the softness of the card. Olivia will just love it:) You are an amazing talent!! Thank you so much for your continued support. I really appreciate it so much.
~Madison Ifeelthelove.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Love the flowers on the side.