Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pink and Gray Center Step Card

I started making a Mother's Day card. I carefully selected a beautiful Prima patterned paper, Cypress Rose from the Tea Thyme collection. Ironically, the paper was a 12 by 12 and by the time I got through cutting and embellishing, you can not see much of the paper. LOL

Here is the card though.

Yes, I know I have made several cards that are this same style, but when the papers and colors are different, they look different to me. Besides, I like the style. LOL

Believe it or not, besides the top layer of patterned paper, all the other papers started as white cardstock and were colored with TH Distress Inks. I inked the card base with Black Soot then stamped over it with a script background stamp in Pumice Stone. Next I used Victorian Velvet with a little Worn Lipstick for the mat.The handmade Regal roses were made from white cardstock that was inked with those same 2 pink colors. The leaves were inked with Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, and Forest Moss.



You can see a little portion of some Recollections bling and a bow made from white seam binding and Worn Lipstick Distress Stain.

Here is a shot of the back so you can see a little of that beautiful Prima paper I started with.

I did put a lot of extra details in this card that may not be very noticeable. Then again it is a Mother's Day card so a little extra love should go into making it. :)

8 comments:

Mihaela said...

Lovely card and such a beautiful roses!!!

Jenelle said...

Hi Jani, I just love your card and the roses as usual are just devine....Jenelle

Migdalia said...

WOW!!Speechless....GORGEOUS!!'
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Cheryl First said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your inking on htis is amazing, and I love those pretty swirls of pearls!

zandra said...

Love your roses, just beautiful!
Hugz,
Zandra

Sherrie K. said...

Wow! So STUNNING!! Love it:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous, Jani!! I absolutely love the design!! The papers are stunning!! And as always, the flowers are amazing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Davi said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!! I love the perfect papers and colors you made Jani!!