Wednesday, May 1, 2013

More Grace

Hello my crafty friends. Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments. I REALLY appreciate them!

I have a special project to share today. 
It is not just that I finally got up the courage to make something with the shadow box that I purchased over a year ago...(I know I am not the only one who has ever kept craft supplies for a while. LOL) It is a special project because of the person I was giving it too and the wonderful poem that I used in the box.


It is a gift for my pastor's wife who has been fighting cancer for a few years now. She has been through some really difficult physical bouts and is always a wonderful example of how to completely trust in God. Every time she has to start a different treatment she does not look at it as a hardship on her but as an opportunity to share the love of God with all the people she will come in contact with in the hospital and doctor's office. 

Her example has helped me to keep trusting God to take care of my in my own physically painful situation. It reminds me of a poem by Annie Johnson Flint.

He Giveth More Grace


He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
To added affliction He addeth His mercy;
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
Our Father's full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limit; His grace has no measure.
His pow'r has no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!

Annie Johnson Flint


Annie had a very rough childhood, was orphaned by her parents and then by her adoptive parents, and then became an invalid in her early 20's. Any one of these things would have been difficult to deal with. All of these situations together can be overwhelming. Yet to read her poems and hymns are filled with marvel at the grace and goodness of God. So inspiring!

You can read more about Annie Johnson Flint and her poems at this link.

I also made card to go with the shadowbox. Yes, it is another center step card. LOL This one is a little different because I took some of the gilded elements and used them as embellishments. (papers are from Recollections Love Letters)
(Hope you are not tired of these cards yet. LOL)  


7 comments:

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning, Jani!! The design is gorgeous and wow, the poem is beautiful!! This is fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SugarGem said...

Gorgeous and luxurious

Lolis said...

Jani! Your projects are beautiful! Love the roses!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

ohhh these are stunning jani!!! i love the beautiful vintage feel... and so many beautiful details. sending my love and prayers to the pastor's wife xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So fun, artistic and beautiful project, I love the card too!

Davi said...

Wowzer Jani, the shadow box and card are stunning!! You always do the most gorgeous flowers :) That is a beautiful poem and what a blessing for your pastors wife. She sounds like the example we should all be!

Sherrie K. said...

Your shadow box is absolutely beautiful!! The flowers are gorgeous and what a beautiful poem!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com