Sunday, October 6, 2013

Embellished Shimmer Sheetz

So the embossed Shimmer Sheetz were nice, but I wanted to take it bit further.
I placed an adhesive sheet over the embossed Shimmer Sheetz and then pulled it off. The adhesive took the iridescent layer off of the raised areas and left a black film. You can still see the iridescence in the debossed areas of the panel.

I also stampe the black cardstock with VersaMark and applied different colors of Perfect Pearls. Such a lovely rich shimmer of colors!



I repeated the ink and Perfect Pearls on the cardbase.



So what did I do with the adhesive sheet that had all the pretty iridescent shine on it? I adhered it to cardstock then added glitter to the areas without the colored film. So cool!





I will have to show you how I did it another time. I have to take care of some family business. More details later.

5 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, I love this and I love the technique you used to create the look!!! This is an awesome card, Jani!!!

Gotta get some of the shimerz paper too! LOL!

Cheryl First said...

Beautifully done!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

ohhhh amazing! the bird cutout looks fabulous ... especially with those coloured swirls!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fabulous!!!!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this looks amazing!! The bird cut out is so beautiful!! All of your projects with the Shimmer Sheetz are gorgeous!!

I hope you are doing well!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts