Saturday, December 21, 2013

Thank you for Quilt

Wow, it has been almost 3 weeks since I posted. I think this is the longest amount of time I have ever gone without posting to my blog. All is well. I just got busy with Christmas stuff. 

I made this card as a very special "thank you" for my friend, Judy.


She made me a beautiful quilt! 
Yes, a lovely quilt just for me!
I am not sure I deserve it, but I REALLY appreciate it. It makes me warm on the inside and outside. I think about all the work and effort that went into making it and I feel "hugged" :)


It has my very favorite colors and wonderful butterflies.

So I wanted to make her a special thank you card. I used more Bo Bunny The Avenues patterned paper and some beads from Art Glitter...

It is called Gala Glitz (brown) and contains seed beads, micro beads, glitter and mica flakes. It is so very pretty. I used it for the centers of the flowers and the swirls. For the swirls, I used a stencil to lightly trace the pattern then went over the line with white glue. Then I just sprinkled the Gala Glitz on like glitter.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and a very merry Christmas.
I will post again soon.

5 comments:

Margaret Ann Moffat said...

love the card. Ooooh that quilt is yummilicious, I have started quilting and nearly finished my first quilt 50 x 50 inches loving it. Need to learning the proper stitches for quilting, but was told no matter stitch size as long as consistency is seen yay. Love ther pattern, hmmmmm methinks I could do this.

Cheryl First said...

Beautiful card. Jani! That quilt is simply stunning, your friend must love you so much! :)
Have a very Merry Christmas!

Rose Tresures said...

Jani, You have a wonderful friend!! It is great to have someone who loves you enough to do that for you. Your card is lovely and I know from one crafter to another, your friend will love the card! Thanks for sharing and for reminding us that our friends are special. Hugs, Oatty

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Jani!! I love the design and all of the details!! And wow, the quilt is so beautiful!! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Davi said...

Wow Jani what a fabulous gift, a real special friend :) I know she will love our equally gorgeous card for her, the flowers and rich burgandy are really so beautiful.