Friday, November 4, 2016

Stencil and Foil


We are seeing foil accents on more and more things these days. I have used my Minc machine on all sorts of cards. Unfortunately, most of those projects did not get photographed. I will have many more coming soon though. For today's project I took a different route though. I used the Deco Art foil glue and a stencil to add some shiny accents to this card. It was a great way to use up my foil scraps too. I save every little scrap of foil film that I use with my Minc. I found that using them with the glue was the perfect situation. I did not need large areas of unused foil. I just keep laying the foil down in different spots and rubbing until all the glue was covered. I even added some glue to the butterflies and foiled over it once the glue was dry but super tacky.

The paper's used were from All that Glitters from Kaisercraft. 
(I have been trying to actually use all the beautiful patterned paper that I have been hoarding over the years. LOL That is why I have been using so many older paper lines lately. I have barely made a dent in my stash though so this may take a while...
Not a bad situation though :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The butterflies are stunning!! I love the touches of gold!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

I was using foil on every project & now you make me want to use it again! This is so feminine & gorgeous!